Pre-Birth (or Labor Prep) Acupuncture is a series of 4-5 weekly treatments beginning at week 34-36 of your pregnancy that are designed to help your body go into labor on time and to labor to progress normally and without complication once it begins.*Beginning week 34 is recommended if you’re experiencing It is not labor induction and will not bring on labor. The baby is in control of his or her arrival date.
Pre-birth acupuncture reduces the need for epidurals, emergency C-sections, and reduces the time you spend in active labor. Overall, vaginal birth rates increase in women who receive these treatments.
For more than a thousand years, acupuncture has helped soon-to-be moms prepare their bodies for safe birth by:
- Improving sleep, increasing strength and endurance needed for giving birth.
- Regulating the nervous system to help you feel calmer before birth.
- Aligning the hip/back for the optimal positioning of your baby.
- Reducing lower back pains and sciatica commonly experienced in late stage pregnancy.
- Reduces the time spent in the first stage labor (period of time between 3 cm dilated and full dilation) by an average of 2 hours
- Reduces rate of epidural usage by 31%
- Reduces emergency C-section rate by 32%
- Statistically improves live birth rates
In addition to these benefits, this is a great time to address any stress or symptoms that you might be experiencing in the last few weeks. Acupuncture can be useful for swelling, back/hip pain, acid reflux, headaches, and many other common pregnancy symptoms. We can even use acupuncture to encourage breech babies to turn!
We recommend these treatments as a standard part of our prenatal acupuncture protocol, and many women choose to start prenatal acupuncture in these final weeks to help make their birth plans a reality.
Give us a call with questions or to set up your pre-birth treatments today!
It is completely natural to be anxious about giving birth. However, taking steps to prepare your body can help alleviate some of your worries and discomforts. By working with a licensed acupuncturist, Dr. Julee can help make your birthing experience more comfortable and smoother. Give us a call to set up your pre-birth treatments today!🌾 https://hpjax.com/